Womack on Lean Management (DVD)
- Normale prijs
- Normale prijs
Beschikbaarheid: Op Voorraad
In this special seminar, lean management thought leader James Womack explains how to manage and lead in a lean management system, the successor to obsolete “modern management” methods.
Most managers and executives are futilely trying to fix their existing “modern management" systems, descended from methods introduced by Alfred Sloan in the 1920s. Why try to perfect a management approach that is fundamentally outdated and broken?
In "Womack on Lean Management," you'll hear management thinker, author, and LEI founder James P. Womack, Ph.D., explain why and how managers and executives must think and act in new and different ways as part of a new management method called "lean management."
In this two-hour seminar recorded live, Womack explains why lean management is the successor to modern management, how your behaviors as a manager or executive must change dramatically, and how you can thrive in this new system. The disc includes a PDF of the seminar slides.
Jim Womack discusses what the value-creating work of management actually is. (Note: To view the above clip, your company must allow streaming video.)
Q & A with Lean Thinkers Like You
During the presentation, Womack, who led the MIT research team that coined the term “lean” to describe Toyota’s groundbreaking business system, takes questions from managers and executives in training rooms around the world during multiple Q & A sessions.
- How modern management become the predominant management model, even while being irreparably flawed.
- Why lean management is a fundamentally different and superior system.
- Why attempts to implement lean tools in the context of a modern management system are doomed.
- How to manage and lead in a lean environment and how it differs fundamentally from what you do in a traditional management environment.
- What are the 3 main tools of lean management and how do you use them effectively?
- What you can do if you are in an environment that is resistant to change.
DVD Bonus Feature
In a special session recorded after the seminar, Jim Womack answered questions that he couldn’t get to during the seminar, but that represented the major topics attendees wanted to learn more about.
Womack on Lean Management DVD Content
- Section 1: What Managers Actually Do
- Section 2: Modern vs. Lean Management
- Section 3: Introduce Lean Management
- Bonus Feature: Additional Q & A session
Jim Womack answers a question from the audience clarifying his statement that there is "too much leadership and not enough management." (Note: To view the above clip, your company must allow streaming video.)
Publisher: Lean Enterprise Institute, Inc.
Publication Date: January 11, 2010
Product toegevoegen aan je winkelwagen